Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Christ is Amongst Us!
This letter is to inform the parish faithful of Sts. Constantine and Helen in Mansfield, Ohio of the POTENTIAL, opening of our parish to "Green Phase". His Eminence Metropolitan Savas has released a plan to reopen our parishes based on these new “Green Phase" Entry Guidelines. I am releasing these guidelines in anticipation of our potential opening. We have not yet received the blessing to offer a limited opening but when we are I hope that this information will help our parish faithful to be properly informed.
1. First, anyone who chooses to enter the parish once the permission has been granted, must have familiarized themselves with the “Green Phase” Packet and all attached documents in their entirety. It is our intent to follow all of His Eminence’s directives as best as we are humanly able, no exceptions. This cannot happen without everyone’s help in complying with all of the directives.
2. This virus has the potential to attack all persons, none are exempted. The Holy Orthodox Church has experienced worldwide loss and death. In addition to the many deaths of our beloved laity throughout the world, our Holy Church has lost bishops, priests, deacons, and monastics in many parts of the world to Covid-19. While we are called to pray for these beloved persons, we must not take reopening lightly. Mt. Athos has closed itself to all visitors until further notice, and several monasteries have been ravaged by sickness and even death because of Covid-19. Please keep all of these things in mind as you read the directives.
3. The "Green Phase" opening is limited to 50% of our parish capacity (about 60 persons). If we reach 60 persons, additional members may gather in the hall, while maintaining social distance. MASKS ARE STILL MANDATORY FOR THE WHOLE SERVICE. You will need to bring your own mask, or for a $1.00 donation, disposable masks are available at the door. If you do not wish to comply with this rule, you will have to wait until the church opens completely without restrictions in order to attend. No mask, no admittance.
4. Any persons who are uncomfortable in any way with the guidelines or whose immunity are compromised SHOULD NOT ATTEND! While there are NO LONGER ANY AGE RESTRICTIONS or SPECIFIC HEALTH RESTRICTIONS (other than those who are ill), all are permitted to attend Liturgy but must be aware that while safety measures are being taken by the church, it cannot guarantee the safety of every person present. By attending, you understand the potential dangers.
5. If you wish to attend, please read all of the documents included: 1) "Green Phase" Entry Disclaimer 2) “Green Phase" of the Coronavirus Restrictions of the Metropolis of Pittsburgh.